The Accounting Intern will support the Accounting department in various tasks and gain an understanding of the business as it relates to accounting operations (recording, reconciling and reporting support for daily/monthly/annual accounting and treasury operations).
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Accounting GL team that record, consolidate, and report on monthly global consolidation.
- Process and provide support for the Company's North American month end close process (journal entries, reconciliations, reporting, etc.).
- Gain an understanding of corporate accounting's role in global consolidation.
- Learn how the Accounting areas (GL, AR, and AP teams) record North America retail, eCommerce, and other business units and how certain transactions should be processed in order that they are properly reflected in the Company's financial statements.
- Perform special accounting projects at the request of upper management.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College Degree in progress in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Strong experience in all Microsoft Office programs – especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, as is the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work in an open-concept office/floor plan.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
This is a 12-week paid summer internship at Patagonia. Patagonia will also provide financial support for housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 7th, 2018.
Questions? Email Trecinia Wiggins at email@example.com.