Children’s Wellbeing Initiative
GYF POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Greening Youth Foundation (GYF, gyfoundation.org) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to nurture environmental stewardship among diverse youth and young adults and expose them to conservation careers.
Position: Children’s Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Internship
Location: Atlanta, GA
Timeframe: March 5, 2018 – Oct 12, 2018 (32 weeks)
Position Overview and Tasks:
Do you have a passion for coordination across teams? Do you want to use your communication and research skills to help leading social innovators better tell and represent their stories? Are you interested in connecting the dots to support a more holistic system for children’s wellbeing?
The Children’s Wellbeing Initiative is looking for 2 entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, analytical interns for part-time positions in Atlanta, GA. If you are a passionate advocate for Children’s Wellbeing with personal or professional experience as a caregiver, come join us. You will be part of an innovation-driven, achievement-oriented, multicultural team that values each team member’s unique strengths and interests and exhibits uncompromising humility, inclusion, and courage.
Support the growth of a cross-sector, national coalition that’s primed to change the way children grow up. Drive more intimate, meaningful and sustained connections among leading practitioners in the education, social service, and healthcare fields, among others. Build infrastructure as the starting point for a longer term, institutional backbone.
Working in concert with the Children’s Wellbeing team, and reporting directly to the Steering Committee and GYF Project Manager, the Intern will:
- Streamline communications among and across members of the ~20 person “Change Team” – a curated community of cross-sector and cross-cultural leaders.
- Work closely with The Steering Committee to scope, schedule, and support Children’s Wellbeing “huddles” as opportunities for professional development and network exchange.
- Support initial and ongoing representation of Change Team models and sector contributions on a shared Children’s Wellbeing website.
- Support logistics, notetaking, etc. for monthly network video conference calls.
- Travel to participate in the network houses on the east and west coasts.
- Devise and execute strategy for sustaining the extended network of Children’s Wellbeing practitioners.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management with an ability to manage multiple projects at the same time. The internships are writing and research intensive positions.
- Demonstrated experience in a Children’s Wellbeing related field. I.e. Education, social work, healthcare, childcare, youth development.
- A passion for knowledge and learning
- Creative thinker and problem solver
The selected applicant will be compensated at a rate of $16.00 per hour and will work 24 hours each week.
The Children’s Wellbeing Initiative is curating and mobilizing a cross-sector, non-traditional coalition to challenge conventions in the way young people grow up. Namely, we’re working to create a culture in which each child can cultivate a sense of self, belonging, and purpose. With the foundation of wellbeing and self-care, they’ll be better equipped to step into their full power as changemakers.
If interested, please apply to the “Children’s Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Internship” position at http://serve.gyfoundation.org/childrens-wellbeing-initiative/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The application period closes on Feb 12, 2018.