Ecommerce & Catalog Merchandising Intern
The Merchandising Intern will assist the Director and Merchandise Manager in the execution of the product line's vision for the brand in the direct channel for the website and catalog. The intern will be responsible for balancing the financial targets of brand marketing initiatives in the merchandising strategy both online and in catalog. The individual will gain knowledge of the product line, plan it's seasonal exposure, communicate direction to planning and forecasting team and support it's sell through in season.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop skills to assist merchandiser in analyzing and reporting on weekly sales and identify merchandising opportunities and risks in-season based on current selling and trends.
- Assist in executing an online and catalog merchandising experience that supports the channel's financial goals and brand strategy.
- Help in maintaining and proofing the website experience for the Patagonia customer.
- Help develop a catalog merchandising plan by recommending products, determining space allocation, and choosing feature colors in each catalog.
- With guidance from the Merchandising Manager, provide a seasonal web merchandise plan including direction on featured products and collections on the website as well as an email plan.
- Provide sales results to product management team to ensure future product lines support the direct channel's business.
- Show strong interest in developing knowledge of the outdoor apparel industry and market and provide feedback to manager on competitors.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Participation and understanding of the sports that the Company produces products for.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree in progress.
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain schedules.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Working knowledge of computers with experience in the use of such programs as Word, Outlook.
- Preferred comfort in using Microsoft Excel on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to creative problem solve.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively- verbally, written and visually – with a wide variety of people.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
This is a 12-week paid summer internship at Patagonia. Patagonia will also provide financial support for housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 7th, 2018.
Questions? Email Trecinia Wiggins at firstname.lastname@example.org.