Environmental Marketing Intern
The Environmental Marketing Intern will assist our brand and enviro marketing team in researching, strategizing, planning and executing elements of the Company's environmental campaigns, on a variety of issues. The intern will gain exposure to the decision making and work process for activities including: external Company communications development, partner/relationship building, and campaign strategy and tactics. The intern will gain an understanding of the Company's environmental mission, and how brand activities can yield impact on issues ranging from public lands and water protection, to increasing civic engagement in elections. While our campaigns are dynamic and daily work is often responsive to changing political context, campaign topics under development during summer 2018 will likely include: 2018 Mid-term Elections Campaign; Wild and Scenic Rivers 50th Anniversary Celebration; Footprint Chronicles re-launch and will help to continue efforts around the Arctic and Blue Heart of Europe.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in analyzing information gathered and reporting to cross-functional campaign teams to help guide campaign direction and decision-making.
- Work with cross-functional campaign leads on the 2018 Mid-term Elections Campaign to finalize planning and materials in preparation for a fall campaign launch.
- Work with cross-functional teams on the Wild & Scenic 50th Anniversary Celebration activities, with likely late-summer execution.
- Help with launch activations of Footprint Chronicles.
- Support the environmental campaigns team in the development and distribution of employee training materials for current campaigns.
- Assist in partner communication and relationship building as needed, with non-profit partners and/or other industry or company partners.
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree in progress, preferably in Environmental Studies or Marketing.
- Previous internship experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in the use of such programs as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on all areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
This is a 12-week paid summer internship at Patagonia. Patagonia will also provide financial support for housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 7th, 2018.
Questions? Email Trecinia Wiggins at firstname.lastname@example.org.