Photo Department Intern
The Photo Department Intern will work closely with the Photo Editor team to expand the Company's network of visual storytellers for the Enviro, Social Justice, and Sport Categories. This position will conduct focused research on photography in the outdoor industry, assist Photo Editors on various visual storytelling projects, and will participate in the day-to-day operations of the Company's lively Photography department.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in photo research projects, under the supervision of a Photo Editor, and communicate and present this research in a concise and professional manner through a presentation to the Marketing department.
- Assist in market research projects that are relevant to the outdoor photography industry, also under supervision of a Photo Editor.
- Establish relationships with new photographers to assist in the expansion of Patagonia's storytelling community.
- Assist in the planning and execution of a Photographer's Summit to be hosted by the Patagonia Photo Team in late summer in Ventura.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks using a computer mouse and keypad.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College Degree in progress in Photography, Art History, Journalism, or Communications.
- Experience in photography, photo editing, visual storytelling.
- Knowledge of photography language preferred.
- Knowledge of the most current versions of Adobe CS, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent communication skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible within the job to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- An interest in sustainable practices.
- An understanding and working knowledge of the Company's core sports and the company's priorities for activism and environmental issues.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
This is a 12-week paid summer internship at Patagonia. Patagonia will also provide financial support for housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 7th, 2018.
Questions? Email Trecinia Wiggins at email@example.com.