Web Editor Intern
The Patagonia Works Creative Department is an in-house agency providing design, editorial, photographic, account planning and production resources to develop and maintain the visual identity of the Company. The Proofreader is responsible for reviewing marketing materials for overall readability as well as checking for errors in spelling, grammar and formatting. The Company relies upon extreme attention to detail and holds an incredibly high standard in all internal and external, printed and digital pieces. The Web Proofreader Intern will work alongside the rest of the digital creative team on real assignments, get real briefs, and have real deadlines. This intern is expected to perform at the same level as entry-level junior designers and copywriters. Most importantly, they should passionate about digital technology and its possibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Have an excellent command of the English language including punctuation, grammar, syntax and spelling.
- Serve as support on all digital creative endeavors and initiatives.
- Understanding of the following styles of grammar: AP Stylebook, Chicago Manual of Style and The Elements of Style.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proof marketing materials for accuracy and style that reflects the Company's brand image. Fix grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors.
- Mark and track corrections as needed for production staff, writers, editors and translators.
- Works closely with the copywriters, suggesting changes to enhance readability, conciseness and style.
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities and capable of handling multiple projects
- Proven track record of excellence in delivery of final proofed product.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times) noisy work environment, when in the office (if applicable).
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks using a computer mouse and keypad
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree in progress, preferably in English or Journalism.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Proficient in the following:
- Macintosh OS X
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
To apply for this position, please answer the following questions:
1. Why do you want to work for Patagonia?
2. If selected, what do you hope to gain from your internship?
3. Describe how your life experience (life, school, work) has prepared you for this internship opportunity?
4. What has been your biggest adventure?
Combine your resume and answers and save them as a Pdf file using your name. Example: Firstname_Lastname_Patagonia.pdf
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
All applicants must be returning to school in the fall of 2017. This is a paid internship at Patagonia, the duration of which will depend on the student's school calendar. Patagonia will also provide financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.